Effective Requirements Management with Rommana™ Methodology and Tool
Dr. Magdy Hanna, CTO, Rommana Software
Project managers and test managers must always manage their projects around requirements, features and customer expectations. Business analysts and requirement engineers need to be able to capture and document requirements more preciously and accurately to avoid surprises when the system is delivered. Experience has shown that effective project management and effect test management can only happen if we can effectively manage requirements, features, use cases, and changes to all of these throughout the project. Most importantly, managing requirements and tracking progress in implementing those requirements are the only ways to deliver systems that meets customer expectations.
In this presentation, Dr. Magdy Hanna will show how Rommana™ , an integrated software lifecycle management methodology and tool uses SBDT™, Scenario-Based Methodology for Development Testing to manage requirements, use cases, and changes throughout the project. Some of the features that will be discussed in this presentation are:
Requirement Management Features
Using the Rommana™ Requirement Management component, you can:
- Define functional requirements, quality requirements and any other type of requirements as they fit within your project
- Import requirements from Microsoft Word or Excel files
- Maintain different versions of a requirement for different releases of the system
- Define Tasks, Risks, and Actions for a requirement
- Define Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios for a requirement
- Define all other types of Scenarios for a Requirement
- Declare a requirement as base-lined to control further changes
- Associate Change Requests to a base-lined or implemented requirement to create a new version of the requirement
- Plan different requirements for different releases of your system
- Associate different artifacts and models to provide more details for a requirement
Use Case Management Features
Using the Rommana™ Use Case management component you can:
- Define use cases to provide more details for a requirement
- Define use case scenarios for both development and testing
- Auto-validate use cases for completeness
- Maintains the traceability between Use Cases, Scenarios and Test Cases
Change Management Features
Using the Rommana™ Change Management component you can:
- Create change requests, either based on an existing requirements, or just as a new feature
- Associate change requests to existing requirements to create new versions of the requirement
- Allow developers to provide impact-analysis information for each change request for the test team to use for effective regression testing.
Dr. Hanna is a recognized educator, speaker and consultant in several areas of software engineering. His distinguished seminars on various topics have been highly rated by software professionals. His experience with software goes back to the mid 1970's, when he worked as a developer at the NCR Center and the American University in Cairo , Egypt . Over the last thirty-five years, Dr. Hanna has worked in all aspects and capacities of software projects and processes. He has trained over 50,000 professionals around the world over the last 20 years. His passion and enthusiasm for testing, process improvement, and software engineering are contagious.
Dr. Hanna is Founder, CEO, and Chairman of several organizations:
- International Institute for Software Testing(www.iist.org), leading educational and professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software test and quality professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) and the Certified Test Manager (CTM) credentials.
- International Institute for Software Process(www.spinstitute.org), leading professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software process improvement professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the International Software Process Improvement Certification (ISPIC).
- International Conference on Practical Software Quality and Testing,(www.PSQTconference.com).
- International Conference on Software Process Improvement,(www.icspi.com).
- Rommana™ Software(www.Rommanasoftware.com). In this role, he is the Chief Architect of an Integrated Software Lifecycle Management System.
Dr. Hanna also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Software Test Professionals, a publication of the International Institute for Software Testing, now the Bug Free Zone(www.iist.org/bugfreezone). As a professor of Software Engineering at the University of St. Thomas , he taught graduate courses on several software engineering topics with emphasis on practical software quality techniques. Dr. Hanna consults with companies to define and improve their software processes using disciplined software engineering approaches.
Dr. Hanna developed new approaches and methods in software engineering including the Scenario-Based Development and Testing (SBDT), Requirement-Based Project Management (RBPM), Software Quality Engineering Methodology (SQEngineer), the Unified Data Model (UDM), and the Data-Driven Object Model ( DOM ). Dr. Hanna and his instructors conduct hundreds of free online webinars each year.
Dr. Hanna holds a Ph.D. and a Masters Degree in Computer and Information Sciences form the University of Minnesota , also a Masters in Operations Research from Cairo University , and B. Sc. in Petroleum Engineering from Suez Canal University, Egypt.